Resources for Providers
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS POLICY STATEMENT ON BREASTFEEDING
AND THE USE OF HUMAN MILK: The AAP reaffirms its recommendations of exclusive
breastfeeding for about 6 months, followed by continued breastfeeding as complementary foods are introduced, with continuation of breastfeeding for 1 year or longer as
mutually desired by mother and infant.
- American Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine Position Statement
- American Academy of Family Physicians Breastfeeding Policy Statement
- American Academy of Pediatrics Health Professionals Resource Guide
- American College of Nurse-Midwives Breastfeeding Statement
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Breastfeeding Resource Guide
- Healthy Children's Center for Breastfeeding Lactation Courses
- Safe Sleep: The National Institutes of Health Safe to Sleep® campaign offers the following videos explaining ways to reduce the risk of SIDS and other sleep-related causes of infant death.
- Surgeon General Call to Action